Multipart issue in OB 1.2.2

Having an issue with multipart post data request in OB

------WebKitFormBoundaryRi4iZ3Qv4vNosphC
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="_Data"

username=Roger&password=123456&submit=true
------WebKitFormBoundaryRi4iZ3Qv4vNosphC--

tried doing like this after selecting multipart POST request:
STRING:_Data:username=Roger&password=123456&submit=true

But that gives an error, it says you need to enter something in usename and passord fields.
That means the post request is not going through correctly.

Then i tried using the post data in a standard format:
------WebKitFormBoundaryRi4iZ3Qv4vNosphC\nContent-Disposition: form-data; name="_Data"\n\nusername=Roger&password=123456&submit=true\n------WebKitFormBoundaryRi4iZ3Qv4vNosphC–

That gives an error too.

@Ruri can you or anyone help about this issue?
Not sure where Im wrong.

Thanks

Can you show what appears in the debugger log when sending the request? (I want to see the raw request not the response).

@Ruri here it is…

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz
Multipart Data:
------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="_Data"

username=jdghdufg&password=gnrjgnjrgn111&submit=true
------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz
Sent Headers:
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

This appears in request of OB which im sending.
Looks perfectly fine. But the issue is, the response im getting says i need to input something in username and password field as they are blank.

so the response basically says that im not sending the username and passwords while making a request but i am doing that as you can see in the request above

I tried sending the request using the standard post data request, that gives me an error saying i need to contact the administrator.

So im basically confused with the multipart request that im making.

I don’t know, I don’t support OB1 anymore sorry, maybe you should look into OB2.
Sometimes the problem is that it sends "_Data" (with double quotes) instead of just _Data as the name of the field, while the server is expecting _Data (without quotes), so it’s not finding the field. Please use OB2 see if it’s able to solve the issue.

@Ruri Lets say im trying to convert the multipart form data and trying to write it down in a standard simple form data form.

How will that be written in that form?

_Data=username=Roger&password=123456&submit=true

But that will be wrong.
What will be the correct way of writing it in standard simple data form?

In Content-Type put
multipart/form-data; boundary=------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz

Then in the normal POST data you can write
------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz\nContent-Disposition: form-data; name="_Data"\n username=jdghdufg&password=gnrjgnjrgn111&submit=true\n------WebKitFormBoundaryxjidyionzddunwoz

Basically write \n wherever there’s a newline

@Ruri i meant to say.

lets say
I am given a random data that i have to write down in standard format, forget about the multipart thing

lets say if im given this
Data=(username=jdghdufg&password=gnrjgnjrgn111)

How can i write this down in standard format where Data=the whole thing including username and password.

Please move to OB2 I do not support OB1 anymore

This isnt a correct answer, by \n it wont work. you need use \r\n instead of \n

1 Like

Yeah you’re right I stand corrected, thanks