Feature Request: gRPC Support in OpenBullet 2

Hi @Ruri,

First of all, thank you for your hard work in developing OpenBullet and OpenBullet 2. Your efforts have been incredibly helpful to the community.

I would like to request a new feature for OpenBullet 2: support for gRPC (gRPC Remote Procedure Call). gRPC is a modern, high-performance, open-source framework that is increasingly being used in various web applications and services for communication. It uses Protocol Buffers for serialization, which provides more efficient and compact binary data representation compared to traditional text-based formats like JSON or XML.

Currently, OpenBullet 2 focuses primarily on HTTP-based requests, and adding gRPC support could significantly expand the range of applications and services OpenBullet 2 can interact with. I understand that implementing this feature may be challenging, but I believe it would be a valuable addition to the tool and greatly benefit the community.

Please let me know your thoughts on this feature request, and if there’s any additional information or help you may need to consider it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Despar

Hello, there is already a thread on how to encode protobuf data. Please have a read, there’s no special requirements to implement gRPC, you just need to send a protobuf payload. OB2 can already handle websockets if you need those.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Ruri. I am so glad that I got such a helpful response from you.